When a client says "re-design everything, like, everything".
When Mary called me with desperation in her voice that she couldn't stand her website anymore and needed a change I salivated. It was game on.
Mary is the owner of New Hampshire Power Yoga, a vibrant studio delivering Baptiste Power Yoga and changing lives in her community.
It's rare to get a client who so willingly turns herself over to me with a no holds barred attitude to rebranding. She had an antiquated website platform, a thrown together logo and a website that had been band-aided over the years.
I wondered, if that was the exterior, what was behind the doors to the studio? Mary willingly opened her doors and showed me around. Interior design is not my strength, however, I could see her appetite for change would allow me to design something that she could apply everywhere.
I got to work.
She got to work.
Step 1: get to know Mary, her values, her story, her purpose, her passion and her mission.
Step 2: articulate the qualities of the brand. Here's what came of our discussions:
• Caring for a lot of different people.
• Reaching out for the extra mile.
• Give without asking
• Feels like home
• Extraordinary connection and inclusive
• We value clean packaging / zen look and feel
• Functional and clean
• Fengshue - awareness of where things are in the space and how the energy flows
• Natural environment of New Hampshire, mountains, leaves, nature.
• A place to de-stress, come away from the noise and connect on a real level with each other
• Provide a framework for people to be happier
Step 3: develop a mood board for look and feel based on the qualities, values, and promise of the brand
Step 4: develop a new website design
Step 5: revamp the interior of the studio
Step 6: CELEBRATE!
Mary and Bob, it's time to pop the champagne. What an amazing transformation!
Leave a comment below, I'd love to hear what you think!